The Gift of the Magi

The thing that intrested me about the story was the little summary, that’s the first thing I read before and that decides everything. I like how it caught my attention because I like stories like that. The thing that happened in the story was that this woman named Della was saving up for months to buy the perfect  Christmas gift for her husband Jim but she only had $1.87 and she was looking for ways to get more money so she thought of cutting her hair and selling it and her husband was thinking of ways to get money to buy her her perfect Christmas gift as well so he sold his watch.  The only problem here is that Jim  sold his watch and Della had bought him a gold chain to replace his old strap of leather that he had and  Jim bought her a set of expensive cones for her hair but she cut it off. I feel like the theme here is love  and overcoming obstacles to make someone else happy because that’s what they did they went through the obstacle of not having enough money to buy them the perfect gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essay

GATSBY TEST CHAPTERS 1-4

WHAT MAKES SOMETHING FUNNY?